Hi and welcome to Bite of Health Nutrition! I am Lauren, registered dietitian nutritionist, lover of all things that are nutritious and delicious and new mom. Bite of Health Nutrition started almost two years ago as a fun way for me to share my knowledge of nutrition and food with friends and family. My blog soon became my creative outlet outside of my 9-5 job as an inpatient dietitian. I soon came to realize my passion as a dietitian was in cooking and creating healthy meals and I started to improve my recipes, blogs and food photography. I have had a blast doing it and hope you enjoy my blog and recipes as much as I do!
Each recipe I share on Bite of Health Nutrition has been taste tested and approved by my wonderful husband. All my recipes take less than 30 minutes to prepare and use whole ingredients that provide you with a health promoting benefits to help reach your nutrition goals.
My food philosophy and tips I live by!
- Every food can be incorporated into a balanced diet.
- Food should not only be healthy but taste good.
- Choose whole food instead of processed foods.
- Understand where your foods comes from.
- Cook and prepare meals at home as much as possible.
- Try a new food each week.