Whip up a batch of these Blender Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars for a whole grain on-the-go breakfast treat! Can you say yum! Throughout my entire pregnancy I have craved peanut butter, bananas oh and chocolate. Maybe not too far from the norm for me, now it’s just an excuse to eat it every day. Recently I have been having oatmeal with peanut butter and bananas for breakfast every morning. You would think I would get bored, but nope! I decided to turn my love for peanut butter banana oatmeal into a breakfast bar for those mornings I don’t have the time to cook up a batch of oatmeal.
These bars are super easy to make. Simply add all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend! Cook for 25 minutes and you have yourself an on-the-go breakfast for the whole week. The oats give the bread a slightly nutty flavor, but since they are blended they leave the bread moist and not too dense. I added in some mini chocolate chips for my chocolate fix, but they can easily be omitted. This recipe can also be made gluten free if using gluten free oats.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats ( 1½ cups oat flour) *
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup low fat milk
- 1 egg
- 2 bananas
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a blender or food processor add all ingredients, except chocolate chips. Blend/process until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips if using with a spatula or spoon.
- Add mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Without chocolate chips ( with chocolate chips)
* To make gluten free, make sure to use Gluten Free Old Fashioned Oats or Oat Flour