Ever wish you could have Thai take-out ready in your home in under 30 minutes and have it be healthy?! I do I do! I am a huge fan of Thai mainly because their sauces are so yummy. Especially Pad Thai since it uses my favorite ingredient, peanut butter!
Typical Pad Thai is pretty carb heavy and does not include a lot of vegetables so I decided to put my own spin on Pad Thai by swapping out the rice noodles for.. you guessed it, Zucchini Noodles! I also added in red peppers and purple cabbage for not only more vegetables but more color and crunch. These easy swaps cut down on the carbohydrates and adds in a at least two servings of vegetables. For protein I used some leftover shredded chicken that I had made the night before in my crockpot. You could easily saute up some chicken or use shrimp or tofu in this dish instead.
My hubby tried it and loved it cold. I preferred it hot the next day after the vegetables and chicken had some time to marinate in the pad thai sauce. This Pad Thai Zucchini Noodle dish is a perfect quick night meal, make-ahead lunch or dinner that can easily be enjoyed hot or cold!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 8 ounces cooked shredded chicken
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce ( sub: another tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar ( sub: apple cider vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 2-3 teaspoons sriracha
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- TOPPINGS (optional)
- chopped peanuts
- green onions, diced
- lime juice
- Prepare sauce by adding all ingredients to a small bowl and whisking. Set aside.
- In a medium saute pan on medium heat add olive oil. Add in spiralized zucchini and red peppers. Cook for 3 minutes then add in red cabbage and chicken. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in sauce and cook for another 4 minutes or until vegetables tender and liquid evaporated.
- Serve topped with green onions, cilantro, chopped peanuts and lime juice.