These Chocolate Cannoli Stuffed Strawberries are the perfect bite sized treat to enjoy this Summer!
Happy June and official kick-off to summer! This month Recipe Redux is celebrating it’s 6th birthday by having us share our favorite bite sized treats. If you know anything about me or my blog I am all about bite sizes desserts. First they are so darn cute and second it gives me an excuse to try a bunch of different treats. These Chocolate Cannoli Stuffed Strawberries are just the treat to share with all your friends and family this summer.
After heading out to go strawberry picking this past weekend and having a ton of left over strawberries. I decided to incorporate strawberries into my bite sized treat. I combined them with one of my other favorite desserts, cannoli’s! If I had to pick my favorite part of the cannoli it would be the filling. I’ll admit I can take or leave the cookie part. But the filling OMG so good! Living in Boston my hubby and I are frequently making trips to Mike’s Pastry (if you haven’t been..please go the next time your in town!) Their cannoli’s are massive and oh so yummy. I really enjoy their mocha cannoli; it’s a combination of coffee and chocolate cannoli filling with chocolate chips. Since I was using strawberries I thought a chocolate cannoli filling would be perfect combination. And guess what it is AMAZING!
Filling the strawberries with the chocolate cannoli mixture makes for great presentation but if you are not about cutting up the strawberries and making them look pretty you could also use the filling as a dip for strawberries, other fruit or even graham crackers!
- 15 ounce container (about 2 cups) part skim ricotta cheese
- 8 ounce container Marscapone cheese
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 pints ( about 4 cups) strawberries
- ¼ cup mini bittersweet chocolate chip
- In a standing mixer with a fitted whisk or large bowl with a hand mixer add ricotta cheese and marscapone cheese to the bowl. Whisk for 20 seconds or until just combined. Add in powdered sugar, vanilla extract and cocoa powder. Whisk until combined.
- Core each strawberry then cut off the very bottom so the strawberry sits flat.
- Using a piping bag fill each strawberry with the chocolate cannoli filling.*
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.