Get ready for your next game watching party with this Creamy Corn Chip Dip! Ready in under 5 minutes and no cooking required!
Football season is officially here and that means Sunday afternoons from now until February will involve having family and friends over to watch ALL of the games. If you have a husband as in to football as mine, you know what that’s like! With football comes yummy game watching food. Yes all about it! So I came up with this yummy dip, inspired by a Frito Corn Dip I had earlier this summer.
Of course I had to make it my own 🙂 I lightened it up a bit by using some greek yogurt in place of mayo. I am not a huge mayo fan, by it self but in a dip it sure does help take the flavor and enjoyment to the next level! For a little bite and zing I added in some red onion and then for crunch and salt I added in some of the corn chips at the last minute. I used Frito chips, but you could easily use any other corn chip you like or have on hand.
Best part of this recipe is the combination of cheddar cheese sauce + corn + corn chips! Crunchy, creamy, salty and slightly sweet all at the same time. Yes my mouth is currently watering :P. And it only takes 5 minutes to prepare and no cooking required! A great last minute snack idea. This dip is also a great side dish, pair with some grilled chicken and salad and you have yourself a meal.
- 3 cups corn kernels (fresh, cooked; 2,15.3 ounce cans of corn, drained; or 1 bag frozen corn, thawed)
- 1, 5.3 ounce container of plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 1 bell pepper, diced ( I used orange bell pepper, but any would work!)
- ½ large red onion, small diced (about ½ cup diced)
- 1 bag Frito Scoops chips ( you could also use other corn chips)
- In a large bowl add greek yogurt, mayo, and shredded cheddar cheese. Mix to combine. Then add in corn kernels, peppers, and onions. Mixed to combine.
- Cover and place in fridge.
- When ready to serve crush half the bag of fritos and mx into the dip. Leave remaining chips for scooping,