Want to impress your Valentine this year with a healthy treat they can enjoy any time of day? Then try this Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Pudding which is naturally sweetened and is perfect for breakfast, snack or a sweet treat!
One thing I could eat daily is chocolate and oats in just about any shape or food. I guess you could call these my comfort foods and thank goodness they are healthy for you! I wanted to come up with a Valentine’s day treat that I could enjoy all day long. These Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Puddings are just that. Each cup is packed with fiber from the oats and protein from the milk making them perfect for breakfast or an afternoon pick me up. The added cocoa powder turns once regular old oatmeal into a more decadent treat. And get this it’s naturally sweetened with a banana and a touch of honey!I topped mine with berries and yogurt and peanut butter and banana but you could easily eat these just as is or with any of your favorite oatmeal toppings. Pack these babies in Mason jars and you have breakfast on-the-go or a quick afternoon snack.
- 1cup old fashioned oats
- 2 cups low fat milk (or unsweetened almond or coconut milk)
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- Toppings(pictured): peanut butter and banana OR berries and siggis vanilla yogurt
- Add all ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend until well combined.
- Add mixture to a medium sauce pan on medium high heat. Cook for about 5 minutes or until thick.
- Top with preferred toppings