For a quick delicious make-ahead dinner try my Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Vegetable Chili! Only 10 minutes of prep then let the slow cooker do the rest!
Winter has officially hit the Northeast. Waking up to snow for the first time this Monday morning I was sad but excited. It was the first time the little man got to see snowflakes! I may have been more excited than he was but he seemed intrigued yet not quite sure what he was looking at.
To me Winter and Chili go hand in hand. Warm, spicy and comforting all in one! I make it just about every other week it’s just that good! Since I starting making it in my slow cooker it’s been even easy to put together. I swear whomever invented the slow cooker had to be a mom. Morning nap-time comes and I have a few moments to prep the ingredients and turn on the crockpot. Then when dinnertime rolls around, everything is cooked and ready to enjoy!
My Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Vegetable Chili is just that EASY! Just chop veggies, open some cans and dump everything in. No sautéing or cooking meat beforehand. I find this is also a great dish to use up odds and ends and easily can substitute different beans and vegetables depending on what you have on hand. I also often use frozen chicken. No need to thaw it before, just put it in the slow cooker and let it do its thing.
When it’s done the chicken just falls apart and is packed with flavor from all the spices.
I like to top my Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Vegetable Chili with cheddar cheese, whole milk siggi’s yogurt, and avocado. Oh and my favorite Whole Grain Tostito Scoops on the side for dipping. My Honey Corn Muffins also great with this dish.
- 1 pound chicken (about 2 chicken breasts)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, dixed
- 1, 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes, low sodium
- 1, 15 ounce can salsa
- 1, 15 ounce can of red kidney beans
- 2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large crockpot add all ingredients, stir to combine.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low or high 3-4 hours on high or until chicken is cooked through. and shreds easily with a fork.
- Top with cheese, greek yogurt, avocado, scallions etc.