Hi there, I am Lauren Sharifi Registered Dietitian Nutritionist in Boston Massachusetts. My passion as a dietitian is to help you find the enjoyment out of eating and cooking! Bite of Health Nutrition started over three years ago as a creative outlet and place to show my family, friends and readers that cooking healthy can be easy, delicious and fun! Most of the recipes you will find on the blog take under 15 minutes to prepare and use whole ingredients that provide you with a health promoting benefits to help reach your nutrition goals.
A lot has happened over the past year including having a son and transitioning into private practice. These changes have inspired some “updates” to the blog including incorporating a series of posts on feeding your child as well as providing even more easy to make recipes! As we know cooking is important but doesn’t need to be complicated or time consuming. Whether you are raising a family or looking to make eating and cooking a bit easier this blog is for you!
If you are interested in more personalized recommendations to get you or your family eating and feeling better. Please contact me! I work with clients in-person in the Boston area and virtually throughout the United States.
My food philosophy and tips I live by!
- Diets don’t work. Eat a variety of food that makes you feel good and happy!
- Listen to your body!
- Let your hunger and satiety cues help guide when and how much to eat.
- Understand how different foods make you feel.
- There is no such thing as “good” or “bad” foods! All foods have a place.
- Understand where your foods comes from.
- Cook and prepare meals at home as much as possible. With family and friends, if you can!
- Keep trying new foods, different ways. You never know what you might like.