“I received free samples of Bumble Bee Tuna mentioned in this post. I was not compensated for my time.”
This Lemon Sesame Ginger Tuna Bowl featuring Bumble Bee Tuna is quick 10-minute lunch or dinner idea that’s packed with flavor and nutrition!
Today I’m talking all about fish, specifically Tuna fish. One of my favorite go to lunches or snacks! Did you know Tuna fish is a great source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids. These nutrients are important for overall health and children’s growth and brain. The FDA recently released seafood advice for pregnant and breastfeeding women, and families. The advice encourages families to get two to three servings of the “best choice” fish each week. Light tuna like that found in Bumble Bee’s new Seasoned Tuna Pouches are an easy way to get your weekly recommended fish in each week.
I love that their tuna packets are perfectly portioned and seasoned making them a great addition to a salad, sandwich for lunch or dinner or on their own for a snack. For this recipe I topped salad greens, brown rice, cucumber and tomato with their Lemon Sesame Ginger Seasoned Tuna Pouch. I also made a quick lemon sesame ginger dressing that brought everything together! Easily this mamas new favorite go-to lunch!
- 1 Bumble Bee Lemon Sesame Ginger Tuna Seasoned Tuna Pouch
- 2 cups mixed spring greens
- ½ medium cucumber (about ½ cup), spiralized or shredded
- 1 carrot ( about ½ cup), spiralized or shredded
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- 1.5 tablespoons of Lemon Sesame Ginger dressing (see below)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- LEMON SESAME GINGER DRESSING (makes 4 servings)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice ( juice of ½ a lemon)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground garlic
- pinch of salt/pepper
- First prepare the dressing by adding all the ingredients to a small container or Mason jar with a lid then shake to combine.
- To make salad add mixed greens to a bowl then top with cucumber, carrots, brown rice, contents of tuna packet, sesame seeds then drizzle over 1.5 tablespoons of the Lemon Sesame Ginger Dressing.