“I received free samples of Sabra Hummus mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am en-
tering a recipe contest sponsored by Sabra and am eligible to win prizes associated with the con-
test. I was not compensated for my time.”
These Mediterranean Hummus Bites using Sabra Hummus are a great snack or appetizer packed with protein and flavor!
Happy (almost) National Hummus Day! Yes thats right there is a National Hummus Day and it’s this Saturday May 13th. I’m a huge hummus fan and eat it almost daily as a snack or topping to a salad or sandwich. My little man is also a huge fan. Hummus and bread is one thing I know he will eat so I always have it stocked in the fridge!
I’m celebrating this years National Hummus Day by making these cute Mediterranean Hummus Bites! I topped my DIY Tortilla Scoops with Sabra’s Classic Hummus, diced tomatoes, cucumbers and crumbled feta cheese. The smooth creamy texture of the hummus pairs perfectly with the crunchy tortilla scoops making a satisfying snack or pre-meal appetizer.
This snack is easy to make! Have kids? Have them help you cut out the tortillas and then adding the toppings to each tortilla scoop.
- 4- 9-inch tortillas OR 12 corn tortillas
- 1 10 ounce package Classic Sabra Hummus
- 1 small tomato, diced (about ½ cup)
- ½ small cucumber, diced ( about ½ cup)
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a 3-inch cookie cutter or cup cut circles into the tortillas ( a 9-inch tortilla should make about 7 mini tortillas and a 5-6inch tortilla with make about 2)
- Cut up the scrapes/leftover tortilla into strips.
- Using a mini muffin tin, gently press each cut mini tortilla into each muffin cup.
- Using a small baking sheet even spread out tortilla strips then lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Place both the mini muffin tin and small baking sheet into the oven and bake tortillas for about 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the tortilla strips with salt.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Remove mini tortillas form the muffin tin.
- When ready to serve top each with about 1 tablespoon of hummus. Then top with diced tomato, cucumber and feta cheese.