Hi and welcome to Bite of Health Nutrition! I am Lauren, registered dietitian nutritionist, lover of all things that are nutritious and delicious and new mom. Bite of Health Nutrition started almost two years ago as a fun way for me to share my knowledge of nutrition and food with friends and family. My blog soon became my creative outlet outside of my 9-5 job as an inpatient dietitian. I soon came to realize my passion as a dietitian was in cooking and creating healthy meals and I started to improve my recipes, blogs and food photography. I have had a blast doing it and hope you enjoy my blog and recipes as much as I do!
Each recipe on Bite of Health Nutrition has been taste tested and approved by my wonderful husband. He is a foodie like me on the weekends you can often find us trying out a new restaurant in the city or traveling for some good eats.
Since cooking should be made easy most of the recipes you will find on the blog take under 30 minutes to prepare and use whole ingredients that provide you with a health promoting benefits to help reach your nutrition goals.
My food philosophy and tips I live by!
- #1 Diets don’t work! Eat a variety of food that makes you feel good and happy!
- Listen to your body!
- Let your hunger and satiety cues help guide when and how much to eat.
- Understand how different foods make you feel.
- There is no such thing as “good” or “bad” foods! All foods have a place.
- Understand where your foods comes from.
- Cook and prepare meals at home as much as possible. With family and friends, if you can!
- Keep trying new foods, different ways. You never know what you might like.