These No-Bake Granola Bites are a nutrient packed snack that will help keep your taste buds and stomach satisfied!
Granola bars, step aside! There is a new granola in town, granola bites! I just love this new way to enjoy granola, so easy to make and take with you as an on-the-go snack. This recipe calls for a bunch of pantry staples and is a great way to use up odds in ends including cereals, nuts, dried fruit and nut/seed butters. You can use just about whatever you have in your pantry, here is what I used:
They also only take 10 minutes to prepare and no baking is required! I have been making a batch just about every week for snacks or for when I have that sweet craving (which is far too often these days!). My hubby is also a huge fan, so I made a batch last weekend for him to take on a trip to Lake Tahoe for snacks on the plane and on the slopes. I might have secretly left some for myself to enjoy :).
I recently attempted my first instructional video using my iPhone and Flipgram. Here is the final product, which shows you how to create these delicious granola bites! Overall it was pretty easy to create, but I learned that you need to make sure you have enough storage on your phone before making a video!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup bran cereal (or other whole grain cereal)
- ⅓ cup mixed nuts
- ⅓ cup dried fruit
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup natural peanut butter (or almond, cashew or seed butter)
- ¼ cup honey
- In a large bowl mix together oats, bran flakes, nuts, fruit, chocolate chips and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl mix together peanut butter and honey. If needed, heat for 30 seconds to make it easier to mix.
- Add peanut butter and honey mixture to granola mixture and mix to combine.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, portion out the granola mixture and form into a ball using your hands and place on a cookie sheet.
- Place cookie sheet in freezer for 10 minutes to allow granola bites to harden. Store granola bites in an airtight container or ziplock bag in the refrigerator.