What’s better than dessert for breakfast? These Pumpkin Apple Pie Overnight Oats! Only 5 minutes of prep time and you have yourself a delectable treat for breakfast!
Ever wanted to dig into that leftover pie on the counter for breakfast? I have, especially this time of year, when apple and pumpkin pie are my ultimate weakness.
Let’s face it, what’s inside the pie is often fairly healthy minus the gobs of sugar of course. So I thought why not create a healthy breakfast inspired by two of my favorite pies, apple and pumpkin. And what better way to enjoy them for breakfast as overnight oats. If you haven’t tried overnight oats, here’s your chance!
Overnight oats are basically oatmeal that requires no cooking. Simply add ingredients to a jar, mix and place in the refrigerator overnight. While you sleep the oats soak up all the moisture from the milk and yummy flavors. When you wake up you have yourself an enticing on-the-go breakfast!
My Pumpkin Apple Pie Overnight Oats are a quick healthy breakfast option that allows you to enjoy your favorite dessert any time of day!
Love overnight oats and want to try another version? Check out my Cherry Almond Overnight Oats
- ⅓ cup old fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup non-fat vanilla Greek or siggi's yogurt
- ⅓ cup low fat milk
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 small apple, diced (divided)
- 1 tablespoon pecans, chopped
- In a small Mason jar or container add oats, yogurt,milk, chia seeds, cinnamon, pumpkin spice and mix to combine.
- Cover and place in refrigerator overnight or for at least 8 hours. When ready to eat add in diced apple leaving a tablespoon side for garnish. Top with pecans.