Need a dinner that’s easy to prepare, cook and clean? Then check out this Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin, Butternut Squash and Brussel Spouts recipe!
With fall just around the corner ( like tomorrow?!) I thought I would kick off the season with a fall inspired meal. Plus this month’s recipe redux theme is Sheet Pan Meals so that means quick meal prep and clean up! Just my style as you may know by now. Besides the fact that sheet pan meals are so easy, they are also a great way to make sure you get a balanced meal on the table. I am always talking with my clients about the importance of “balancing meals”. Not only ensure that you eat a variety of nutrients but balanced meals help fill you up and are quite satisfying! i
So what’s a balanced meal you ask? A balanced meal includes 4 components a source of protein, a carbohydrate, a fat and a fruit and/or vegetable. This Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin with Butternut Squash and Brussel Sprouts includes all of those!
The pork is your protein, butternut squash your carbohydrate, brussel sprouts for your vegetable and olive oil for fat. All baked together on one sheet pan! How easy is that. This dish is packed with fall produce and flavor. It makes a great weeknight meal and even make ahead dinner. I made it on Sunday during my weekly meal prep and had it for dinner the next night.
The hubby and I loved it! The little guy not so much…. For him pork, brussel sprouts and roasted butternut squash are still on the “new” food list. I offered him the food, but also served him a few “familiar foods” like orange slices and bread and butter. He tasted the pork and butternut squash but ended up spitting them out. Lesson from this is kids will most likely not be huge fans of a new food the first time you offer it to them. Just keep offering it and eventually they will try it again and actually eat it!
- 1 pound marinated pork tenderloin ( I Used hickory Brown Sugar)
- 1 medium butternut squash, large diced (about 4-5 cups)
- 12 ounces brussel sprouts, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line large sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- Lay pork tenderloin in the middle of the sheet pan.
- In a large bowl add butternut squash, brussel sprouts, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Mix to evenly coat.
- Lay butternut squash and brussel sprouts even around the pork.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until pork reaches the internal temperature of 145 degrees. Let rest for 5 minutes. Then cut pork into 1 inch slices before serving.