Strawberry season has arrived! These Strawberry Rhubarb Coconut Crumble Bars are the perfect way to celebrate the season for breakfast, snack or dessert.
I mean look at them don’t you just want to grab one right now and take a bite?! I know I do!
After our adventure strawberry picking last weekend and also discovering that we have rhubarb growing in our backyard (woohoo!) I knew I had a lot of cooking ahead of me. I of course whipped up a batch of my Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce but was also craving crisp, but something I could eat with my hands! I remember making these Peach Blueberry Crisp Bars last summer and decided instead to make a few adjustments and make them into Strawberry Rhubarb Coconut Crumble Bars!
These crumble bars are OUT.OF.THIS.WORLD! There is nothing better than strawberry rhubarb this time of year and then when you pair it with coconut and toasted oats your mouth and mind will be blown! My hubby and I have been eating these bars for breakfast, snack and dessert all week. Treats like this definitely don’t last long in our house!
I fed the little guy a few bites of the inside strawberry rhubarb mixture and some of the crust and let’s say he is just as much of a fan (and maybe even more) than we are.
So what ya waiting for! Go make a batch 🙂
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup strawberries, small diced
- 1 cup rhubarb (about 2 stalks), small diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add oats, flour, cinnamon, ⅓ cup brown sugar. Mix to combine. Add in coconut oil. Mix to combine. Remove ½ cup oat mixture and set aside for topping.
- In a medium bowl add strawberries, rhubarb, lemon juice, and remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Mix to combine.
- Add oat mixture remaining in bowl to the bottom of the baking dish. Press mixture down firmly with the back of a spoon or measuring cup.
- Layer on fruit mixture.
- Add ½ oat mixture that was removed back to the large mixing bowl. Add in shredded coconut. Using fingers mix to evenly combine. Sprinkle coconut oat mixture on top of the fruit mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Love it and want to save the recipe for later then click on the photo below and pin it for later!