Serve these Migas Tacos up for Taco Tuesday. Great at any meal and only take 15 minutes to prepare and cook!
This month’s Recipe Redux theme is you guessed it Taco Tuesdays! My hubby and I are big taco fans and are often making tacos or at least something Mexican on Tuesday nights. Tacos are quick, easy and delicious. They are also super versatile. Just change up the protein, vegetables and even the taco shell and you can have a different taco each week. To switch things up a bit I decided to make one of my favorite Mexican dishes, Migas, into Tacos! Migas are a great way to use up leftovers vegetables and other taco fixings. Although Migas are typically a breakfast dish, because they are made with eggs, I am a big fan of eating this dish for dinner! I always have eggs in my fridge and they cook up really quick. Egg tacos are definitely one of my go-to meals, especially on nights when I’m on my own for dinner.
To these Migas tacos I added onions, peppers, mushrooms and spinach but you could add just about any leftover vegetable you have in the fridge. I also used corn tortillas because I like the flavor but a whole wheat tortilla would also work well. I topped mine off with some sliced avocado but you could add just about any taco topping like salsa, Sriracha or Greek yogurt (in place of sour cream).These Migas tacos are great for an easy dinner but would also make a quick lunch or breakfast taco!
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons low fat milk
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- ¼ cup peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup raw spinach leaves
- ¼ cup crushed corn tortilla chips
- 2 corn tortillas
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- In a small bowl add egg, egg white and milk and whisk to combine. Add in cheese. Set aside.
- In a medium saute pan on medium high heat add in olive oil. Add in onions, peppers and mushrooms and cook for 3-5 minutes or until onions translucent. Add in spinach and cook until wilted. Add in corn tortilla chips and egg mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes or until eggs cooked through.
- Add mixture to 2 corn tortillas. Top with sliced avocado.